Sunday, January 18, 2009

day 1

To my advantage, I typically fast on Sundays for prayer and reflection so my dollar stretches even further.Chaching!
I broke the fast at dinner time with:

1 cup brown rice
1/4 tomato
1 pearl onion
1/2 a pepper

Here's the interesting part that I never would have thought of: Spices definitely did not
fit in the budget. I snuck a t-tiny bit of salt from the kitchen though. I will pretend that
I live near the sea and have free access to this commodity)

I brushed my teeth so I wouldn't be tempted to cheat.
Toothpaste. a novelty.

1 comment:

Kelly Byers said...

this sounds like a cool experiment. do you think that is at all possible in the us? i'm tempted to try, and i've been thinking a lot about fasting lately...hmm. kindred spirits. and i thought you hated tomatoes? no? and i miss you a whole whole lot!!